Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2006 Part III

Movie of the year for me was, by a country mile, Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed', although I made the mistake of seeing the original 'Infernal Affairs' a few days before hand so I had a fair idea where the story was going. Fantastic performances all round although, needless to say, Nicholson acts everyone else off the screen. Now, you didn't hear it from me but some hero has put the whole thing on youtube although you can be sure it's just a matter of time before it's taken down. Go to the youtube site and search for the departed pt and you'll find it in 14 different segments. Now there are ways to download the whole thing but quality wise it's not worth it. Nothing stopping you looking at it though. I'm not putting a clip here but as usual with all Scorsese movies, the music is fantastic so instead here's a clip of a performance that I hadn't heard before of Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' as done by Roger Waters, Van Morrison and various members of the Band. Although Pink Floyd as a band normally leave me feeling numb, this is fantastic and see if you can spot the late great Rick Danko who the Coff and I met when we were just little boys (HELLO!) and he was an absolute gent.

No comments: