Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bowie

An acoustic version of "Dead Man Walking", originally from Bowie's "Earthling" album. Further proof, if it were needed, that Bowie is still writing great songs. Rumour has it that there's a new album this year, although the heart attack has apparently put an end to touring. Go and buy the DVD of the Reality tour that was recorded here in Dublin, I was there and it was top. I'm only sure of this because I bought the DVD of course. After the gig, we repaired to a local ale house where I detailed to the Coff each song I thought was great, only to have him answer "he didn't play that one Carty, what gig were you at?", this was the result of being in an advanced state of refreshment before Bowie even took the stage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...an advanced state of refreshment". That, my friend, is a beautiful turn of phrase. I can't wait to use it, the next time I'm in like shape.