Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stripped, Muddy, Crowded House

A lot of serious Stones fans reckon that Stripped, their live and studio acoustic reworkings of some of their strongest songs is the last decent album with their names on it. I've loved it since I got it but only the other day did I discover the shady existence of disk 2 of the set. This is made up of b-sides and outtakes, some of which I already had but check out the first five tracks on disk 2 which were all recorded in Tokyo in March of 1995. It's enough to restore your faith. You can get your hands on the whole lot here at the ever interesting Never Get Out Of The Boat.
While you're there, check out the great Muddy Waters, live in Paris in 1964. A blinding show.

Talking of good shows, The Coff and I took in Crowded House at the Olympia on Monday night. Fine show it was too with all the hits you'd expect but it was news to me how handy Neil Finn was on the guitar. Almost made up for Prince, almost.
Good show is not the phrase that will be applied to my second show with the Black Pits at about 11.30 the same night in Thomas Reed's. It's a lesson I learnt a long time ago that some other people still need to pick up. No matter how cool you think you are, you cannot play when you're completely wasted, nobody can. Do the gig first, after which I'll be the first man at the bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the decrease issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=raxco perfectdisk 2008 9.00.039 (professionalserver) ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg