Thursday, June 28, 2007

Aerosmith/Chris Cornell/The Feeling, Marlay Park, Dublin Tues 26th 07

It rained again although nothing compared to last Friday (see older post) but it was worth making the effort. First laugh came when the Feeling hit the stage around Six (I don't think I've arrived as early to a stadium gig since I was teenager but I was anxious to get a look at this crowd) and the singer had to avoid not one but two flying flagons of cider (at least I presume it was cider...). He took it in good spirits and spent the next hour winning over an initially hostile crowd (one girl I spoke to at the bar stated that she'd like to stand in his eyes while wearing high heels. Charming) with their glorious mix of Jellyfish, Queen and ELO. Their harmonies were spot on and a guitar heavy cover of "Video Killed The Radio Star" is always welcome. Top marks all around.

The same could not be said for Chris Cornell, he gave us blasts of Soundgarden, Audioslave, his bond theme and his new material but it was lost to a band who couldn't quite match it, although in fairness the wind was up and I was at the bar for most of the set so this possibly accentuated any problems.

The 'Smith took the stage like men possessed (let me qualify that: like two men possessed -Tyler & Perry. Imagine being one of the other three in the band - the money would be nice but you'd live your whole live sickened) and threw out the hits. Special mention goes to Jaded, Living On The Edge, Love in An Elevator and Sweet Emotion but I would have loved some more stuff from Toys In The Attic and Pump. Still, good show and those two bastards look remarkable. The paintings in their respective attics must really be a state at this stage.

Man of the match award goes to Jason Quinn who drove myself and The Coff back into town after the show, and played Born To Run in the car on the way, ensuring that we got a few more pints into us before hitting the hay.

1 comment:

Benita said...

Aerosmith! Lucky, lucky man.....I'd love to see them live. 'Specially if the performed Love In An Elevator or Pink.

I'm going to add your blog to the list of 'great site's on my blog - it's set as private at the moment but I'd love to give you access to it - send me an email on Last.fm with your email address and I'll add you.

Just in case - http://www.last.fm/user/EmeraldEyes/