Sunday, January 21, 2007

Good Rockin' Tonight

As you and I both know, Rock n' Roll didn't just appear out of the ether, although it must have seemed that way at the time. Here's one of the major links in the chain and I can't recommend this great compilation highly enough, if you're foot doesn't tap and your lips don't curl into a smile then I suggest you call an undertaker. Just ask Elvis who was no stranger to the gems contained within. Over to the rather great Big Bad Music

Push back the chairs and shake a chicken to "Juicy Fruit" by Rudy Greene! "Juicy Fruit is my name, I want to lie on you baby and make your name the same!" If that doesn't roast your stones then check out Louis Prima's "Jump, Jive, An' Wail"; "Daddy's in the ice box looking for a can of ale, Mama's in the back yard learning how to Jive an' wail!". Class.

1 comment:

Luiz Paulo Carvalho² said...

=) Come on my big bad House, friend. THanks for the mention.