Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Roots of The Stones Part I - "The Rolling Stones"


In the first of a series let me present to you the original recordings of the various covers that The Rolling Stones have attempted over the years. We'll kick it off with "The Rolling Stones", their debut album. (We're talking the British & Irish versions here so apologies if the track listing is confusing as you may be used to the American releases). First released in April, 1964, the album saw the Stones covering the following;
Route 66 - Chuck Berry
I Just Want To Make Love To You - Muddy Waters
Honest I Do - Jimmy Reed
Mona (I Need You) - Bo Diddley
I'm A King Bee - Slim Harpo
Carol - Chuck Berry
Can I Get A Witness? - Marvin Gaye
You Can Make It If You Try - Gene Allison
Walkin' The Dog - Rufus Thomas

No comments: