Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oscars

Here's a post from last December, I'm putting it back up as Scorsese got the nod today for an Oscar. Will he win it? Probably not. Eastwood's movie pushes more of the right buttons. Incidentally, Sweet Dick Willie recently gave me a loan of the original "Flags of Our Fathers" book, go and read it and be amazed at the bravery of men who were barely out of childhood. What meaning it must have given to their lives.







Movie of the year for me was, by a country mile, Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed', although I made the mistake of seeing the original 'Infernal Affairs' a few days before hand so I had a fair idea where the story was going. Fantastic performances all round although, needless to say, Nicholson acts everyone else off the screen. Now, you didn't hear it from me but some hero has put the whole thing on youtube although you can be sure it's just a matter of time before it's taken down. Go to the youtube site and search for the departed pt and you'll find it in 14 different segments. Now there are ways to download the whole thing but quality wise it's not worth it. Nothing stopping you looking at it though.

No comments: